Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sgl sgl is offline

Default setup.exe

Hi All,

I have developed a Dictator application in excel that will be distributed to
various branches of the company. I have used SetUp Factory 8 to package the
application. As the application is loaded I have placed a registry value in
the Windows Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE etc etc.

To restrict copying of the Excel application when the program is opened by
the user the Auto_Open routine checks that the registry value (placed in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) agrees with the "registration" value of the program. If
the two agree then the program will open otherwise the user is notified
accordingly.

My problem is if the system administrator loads the Excel application on the
company's "server" how can I get my program to check the values which are
placed not on the users computer but on the "server machine".

Any assistance would be appreciated/sgl