Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open, Update, and Close files automatically

Just do it with the macro recorder on and it will record the macro for you.
For just 14, inline code seems sufficient to me.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"EZ" wrote in message
Hi All,

I'm looking for a piece of code that will open up 14 Excel files that each
file has a 'Data' sheet linked to an Access query plus many other sheets,
Refresh the data sheet and subsequently all the other sheets, then close
the
file. I want this for all 14 files. All files are stored in the same
folder
on a network drive.

Setup the files on auto refresh everytime it's open is not an option as
these are large models with many complex formula and the data gets updated
once a week, while the users use thses models files every day. So we don't
want our users to wait for a few minutes for the files to recalculate
every
time they open a file. I'd rather have it done once a week over night or
early morning.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
--