Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stunzer Stunzer is offline

Default Need formula to create a value in a single cell by searching a range

Rick,

Awesome, worked well & is exactly what I needed...thanks for the quick
response also...

Stu

Rick Rothstein wrote:
You can use this formula as a guide...

=IF(COUNTIF(E4:H20,D1),"Value found in range!","Value not found!")

Change the range to suit, D1 is assumed to contain the value you are
searching for, or you can hard-code the value (example value 123) in like
this instead...

=IF(COUNTIF(E4:H20,123),"Value found in range!","Value not found!")

I am attempting to create a value(an error message actually) in a single
cell

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
commands).
Does anyone have a fomula that would help me?