Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Exce small program

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert this
Now when you enter something in col b now will be in col c and the macro
asks what to put in col D

Private Sub Worksheet_change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Intersect(Target, Columns("b")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Target.Offset(, 1) = Now()
Target.Offset(, 2) = InputBox("enter more data for col D")

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Texasowl" wrote in message
I have a 3 column spread sheet. The first column is a consistent letter.
The
second column is a numerical value inputted by students. The third column
is
the =NOW() command.
What I want to happen is after the student inputs their number and hit's
enter, I want the NOW command to execute and the cursor to return the
second
column for the next student input.

I know how to have the cursor move from either the next column cell or the
next down cell. In either case the NOW command is a must to execute
without
having to rely upon the students input.

Any, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you .