Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
smartin smartin is offline

Default macro to select reference in tools--references

sam wrote:
Can I write a macro to select a particular reference in
"Tools---References---...." I have a system where excel userform and access
database is used, and not all users have access on their machines.
To make this system work I have to select "Tools--References--Microsoft
Access 12.0 Object Library" and as access is installed in all machines, Users
get "Missing" in front of access reference and hence cannot use the userform.
NOTE: access is not involved in the system until later. There are 3 steps in
this sysetm: 1--2--3
1: users input their data into userform and click submit
2: once users click submit I get an email as an excel attachment with their
data
3: In that email attachment I have an "Accept" button, Once I hit accept
then it populates in access.

Please Help

Thanks in advance.

This is not a specific answer, but I think you would benefit from
studying the concepts of early- and late-binding, and how to code an
application that requires late binding.

Googling this:
vba early late binding how to detect reference
places excellent reading material at the top.

Hope this helps!