Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default How to handle persistent properties in Excel VBA 2003

I assumed you were storing text strings. With text you can always remove the
single quote comments.

Cpearson in the website below gives lots of examples for reading/writing to
modules

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/vbe.aspx

so you can simply put comments into the modules

'line1
'line2
'line3

Then when you read the lines remove the comments

inputline = mid(MyString,2) this will skip the 1st character when reading
the line.

"faffo1980" wrote:

Hi Joel,
thanks a lot for your reply.
What do you mean with "Store text in a module AS A COMMENT"?
Sorry for the question but I'm very new wih VBA..How can I read/modify
comment withiin a module?

Thanks again

Regards

"Joel" wrote:

1) In a hidden worksheet that is protect. Make the cells readable but not
writable
2) Store text in a module as comments. Again you can make th emodule
invisable. the text can be read from VBA code.

"faffo1980" wrote:

Hi all,
I need to store persistent configuration settings of a custom Excel 2003
add-in.
Which is best way to do this in your opinion?
I can suppose these possible solutions:
1) write configuration settings in a text file and load it every time is
needed
2) write settings in a "hidden" cell or worksheet (but I don't like this);
is there another way to store this information inside the .xls file?

Thanks in advance,

faffo1980