bigwheel

To protect your worksheets:-

Dim mySheet As Worksheet
For Each mySheet In Worksheets
mySheet.Protect Password:= password1
Next mySheet

"neeraj" wrote:

I have a workbook say Book1.xls with 12 worksheets say Rep1, Rep2,
Rep3,...Rep12 for 12 different employees. These sheets are exactly similar in
layout and format except data. I was able to select all sheets and 'lock' and
'hide' desired cells in each in one stroke. But locking and hiding of cells
dont come into effect till I protect each sheet. I want to password protect
each sheet with the same password. Is there a way to password protect all
worksheets or the entire workbook in one go? The workbook Book1.xls along
with other workbooks would be shared on a network drive by a few employees. I
see there is an option:Tools-Protection-Protect and Share Workbook. Though
this option from its name sounds like it would be able to protect the entire
workbook, the menu inside doesn't seem to lead in the direction that I want
to go in. If this is not the option to do my job, what does
Tools-Protection-Protect and Share Workbook do? Thanks.