Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NDBC NDBC is offline

Default trouble with subtracting elapsed times

I am inputing an elapsed time with the following code and it is working fine,

Time1.Value = WorksheetFunction.Text(Now - Sheets("Timing
Sheet").Range("B6"), "[hh]:mm:ss")

The problem occurs when I go to put the next elapsed time in the adjacent
cell. I have an if statement that checks if the lap time is within 20% of the
teams average.

If Time2.Value - LastLap 1.2 * Range("d" & riderCell.Row) Or Time2.Value
- LastLap < 0.8 * Range("d" & riderCell.Row) Then

When I go through debugger the lastlap time is working fine and is general
format, so when over 24hrs is something like 1.00347222. The time2.value
shows as "24:10:23" which is the actual elapsed time since the start of the
race to when they finish the lap. For some reason the two don't want to work
together.

I tried timevalue(time2.value) but this doesn't work if the elapsed time is
24hrs.

Thanks