Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gijs[_2_] Gijs[_2_] is offline

Default Value of type 'General' cell different from 'Number' or 'Text'?

On 6 aug, 15:39, Joel wrote:
Read the value as text. you can then use then can test the string in C# using
IsNumber().

"Gijs" wrote:
Hi,
I have a problem to get single numeric values from an Excel worksheet *(that
I need to process as I receive it).
The Value property is null for a type General field.
The Value property contains the right value in case of number or text type.
I use the Microsoft Excel 9.0 Library (and C#) because I need to process
Excel 2000/2003 files.
It must be simple, but I can't find the solution.
Who can help me?

Thanks,
Gijs- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

The 'Value' is null and the 'Text' is emtry "".
Where is the cell contents stored in case of NumberFormat = General?
Thanks,
Gijs