Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Value of type 'General' cell different from 'Number' or 'Text'?

Read the value as text. you can then use then can test the string in C# using
IsNumber().

"Gijs" wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem to get single numeric values from an Excel worksheet (that
I need to process as I receive it).
The Value property is null for a type General field.
The Value property contains the right value in case of number or text type.
I use the Microsoft Excel 9.0 Library (and C#) because I need to process
Excel 2000/2003 files.
It must be simple, but I can't find the solution.
Who can help me?

Thanks,
Gijs