Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dawn[_4_] Dawn[_4_] is offline

Default Unmerge cells and fill duplicate data

I have a report that contains merged cells. I need to get rid of the merged
cells and then have the data from the first row repeated in the blank rows.
I found a macro to umerge all the cells (Cells.MergeCells = False) so far so
good! But now I need to repeat the data. I have two columns in the sheet
that will need to be unmerged and have the data repeated.

The existing workbook looks like this, with the cells for W, X, Y, and Z
merged so they span one or more rows, it varies:

X Y 1 2 3
4 5 6
Z W 7 8 9
1 2 3

I need it like this, so I can successfully filter:

X Y 1 2 3
X Y 4 5 6
Z W 7 8 9
Z W 1 2 3