Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default savecopyas read only

Do your .SaveCopyAs, then open that workbook and save it the way you want, then
close that workbook.

Dim myName as string
dim TempWkbk as workbook

myname = FolderName & "\" & "Archived Copy" & " " & "as of" _
& " " & DateString & ".xls")

sourcewb.savecopyas filename:=myName

set tempwkbk = workbooks.open(filename:=myname)
with tempwkbk
application.displayalerts = false 'hide that "overwrite prompt"
.saveas filename:=myname, WriteResPassword:="yourpassword"
application.displayalerts = true
.close savechanges:=false
end with

(Untested, uncompiled. Watch for typos.)

====
With Screenupdating set to false, you won't know that it was opened, saved, and
closed.

Anders wrote:

Hi - xl 03, rdb 6 (modified to save entire workbook)

I use the code below to save the entire workbook modified from rdb 6 copy
code. I've inserted the following savecopyas to accopmlish, but would like
it to be read only and can't figure out throug the help to do this.

TIA,
Anders

Sourcewb.SaveCopyAs (FolderName _
& "\" & "Archived Copy" & " " & "as of" & " " &
DateString & ".xls")

--

Dave Peterson