Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John John is offline

Default Set datatype of a cell?

do you mean something like:

NumberFormat = "dd/mm/yyyy h:mm" ?

suggest you have a read VBA helpfile under NumberFormat for further guidance.
--
jb

"CCusson15" wrote:

Thanks John!

One followup, I know the datatype of the column that I'm reading from in the
DataTable (say DateTime, int, string, etc.)

Is there any way I can translate those types to Excel, other that setting
the NumberFormat to those zeros, etc.?

Thanks,
Chris

"john" wrote:

ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "0000"
--
jb

"CCusson15" wrote:

I'm creating an Excel spreadsheet from a DataTable. I've got the code all
working, but the data that I'm writing out for one particular column is
"001". Excel is truncating that value to be a number, so it only displays "1".

How can I set the datatype of the cell to Text, so it will preserve the
leading zeroes?

Thanks
Chris