Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cathy Cathy is offline

Default Linking to Summary Sheet Changing Range

Im using Excel 2003. I have about 9 different workbooks for tracking
separate types of projects and tasks. Each workbook contains a worksheet
with information specific to that project including individual tasks, costs
associated with each task, dates, etc. I have a starting balance for each
project and as each task is created, an associated dollar amount is entered
and draws down on the available balance. Therefore, rows (new tasks) are
constantly being added which creates a constantly changing balance.

I also have a summary workbook that takes a couple of the pertinent columns
from the 9 project workbooks, including the current balance for each one, to
give an up-to-date snapshot of each project. The problem is that since the
rows are always being added, my hyperlinks are constantly changing. The
current balance does not, of course, reside in the same cell in each
workbook. Is there a way (maybe code) to automatically have that summary
sheet take specified columns from a constantly changing range and insert in
the summary sheet? Id really like to have it do the current balance and
some date columns.

Any help on this is appreciated, thanks.

--
Cathy