Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Ray is offline

Default Odd Workbook.Name result

Hello -

What would cause Workbook.Name to return an 'odd' result, partially
representing the file name, but not completely? Read on for more
details ...

My stores use a template to create daily Cash Reconciliation files,
which are then submitted automatically to a specified network drive.
Once a week, they need update a consolidation workbook, which uses a
procedure to open each available CashRec and pull out some data.

With all stores, this works find and has for many months -- all stores
use the same CashRec template and consolidation template ... they
simply enter their own store # to drive the submit and consolidate
procedures.

One store recently developed a problem whereby their consolidation
report won't update properly. Using the Watch window, I was able to
identify that when the consolidation procedure opens the daily files,
somehow the name changes just a little! When I open the same file
manually (using Windows Explorer), the name is fine ... for example,
if I open Store145's file for July 23:
should open as: 1452311.xls (workbook.name the same)
procedure opens as: 14523118 (no .xls at the end)

Why would this happen? As a test, I took the same consolidation
workbook and changed the store # ... it worked fine. So, it would
seem that the problem is with the daily files ... but NO other stores
are having an issue. Has some property been changed or ???

Please help ...

Thanks, ray