Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Save as question.

Works better:

fName = Sheets("CONFIG").Range("O220").Value
varDoc.ActiveDocument.SaveAs("s:\Engineering\" & fName)

"Cerberus" wrote in message
Is there a way to save a file using a cell's information as the documents
name? I currently have it saving as a set name but now I'm wanting to
roll
the project out but I need the documents name to be saved with a new name
everytime.

The code I have now is:

varDoc.ActiveDocument.SaveAs ("s:\Engineering\testWord.doc")

I would like to have the file saved in the same directory
(s:\Engineering\)
but have the name reference Cell CONFIG!O220. Is that possible, or do any
of
you have a better idea on how the save the file with unique document
names.

Thanks for and help in advance.