Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PVANS PVANS is offline

Default Grouping like transactions

Good afternoon

I am working with an excel workbook that lists 100+ transactions. I have
managed to write a macro that looks at the transactions row by row, assessing
two criteria (column B, and column D), and leaving a few blank lines between
the different rows if either column B or Column D are different to the
transaction above.

However, there are transactions at various points throughout the workbook
that have matching criteria in terms of Column B and D. Is there a macro, or
could someone help me write a macro, that will look through the entire
workbook, find all transactions that have matching values in terms of Column
B and D, and group those transactions together? In other words, a method to
sort the rows in terms of values in Column B and D?

(btw, in case it matters, column B and column D are both text fields)

I really would appreciate any advise or suggestions

Thanks in anticipation

Regards