Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Faraz A. Qureshi Faraz A. Qureshi is offline

Default ActiveWorkbook.SAVEAS for *.xls

Sorry Jacob,

But again the error/failure message of Runtime error pops up. Sure would
have used a String but it is the cell values on multiple sheets I want to
use, instead of copying, inserting a new name and saving each sheet
separately.
--
Best Regards,

Faraz

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try

ActiveWorkbook.SAVEAS "D:\New Folder\" & _
Application.InputBox("SELECT", , , , , , , 8).Text & ".xls", _
FileFormat:=xlExcel9795

I would rather assign the string to a variable and then use the variable in
save as.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Faraz A. Qureshi" wrote:

I want to save a file in the 2003 version in the name of value of a cell.
What might be wrong with:

Sub SAVEAS()
ActiveWorkbook.SAVEAS "D:\New Folder\" & _
Range(Application.InputBox("SELECT", , , , , , , 8)).Text & ".xls", _
FileFormat:=xlExcel9795
End Sub

Your comments and guidance shall be appreciated.
--
Best Regards,

Faraz