Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gab1972 gab1972 is offline

Default Email permission question...

On Aug 3, 3:36*pm, ryguy7272
wrote:
Follow Ron's advice; use late binding.

Good luck,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---
If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''..

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:
See my examples that not need a reference because they use late binding
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

"gab1972" wrote:

On Aug 3, 2:31 pm, ryguy7272
wrote:
If the code works fine one one machine and errors on another machine, it is
probably an issue with a reference. *Check this out:http://www.cpearson..com/excel/References.htm

Alt + F11 Tools References *Microsoft Object XX.X Object Library
for me, the XX.X = 10.0; yours may be different...depends which version of
Excel and Outlook you are on.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---
If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''..

"gab1972" wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with a macro that takes some information and puts
it in an email. *It works fine for me, but when I give the spreadsheet
to someone else and they click the macro button, an error occurs
letting the user know that permission to outlook is not permitted.. *Is
this an 'owner' issue? *I went into File Properties and deleted
myself as the author. *However, I do see that my name is still in as
the owner. *If I am the owner and someone else uses the program and
tries to open email...does outlook automatically try to open the
'owners' outlook and that is why there is a permission error?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the fast reply Ryan. *Everyone in my building has the same
version of Outlook. *I had set the reference library already. *Mine is
Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library. *We are using Office 2003. *When
I passed on the spreadsheet to other users, I made them go in and
check to make sure they had the same library references as me. *Still,
I get the permission error. *That's why I was wondering if maybe
because the file properties have me listed as the owner if maybe
Outlook will only access email where I am logged in??? *If this is the
case, can I VBA some coding to remove ownership? *Or do all files have
to have an owner? *Or can I VBA some code to assign an owner?

I will be trying this. I changed my coding around like Ron
suggested. I'll let you know if this method worked better for my
users.

Thanks in advance