Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John John is offline

Default BeforePrint Sub auto referencing

have a look at this site:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html
--
jb

"CordoK83 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi!

I'm new to programming Macros and I'm slowly learning by reading posts on
"how to"s for different things I've needed to do. I haven't found a way to do
the following, and was wondering if anyone could help:

I have an excel form that needs to have an sequential numbering that changes
everytime the worksheet is printed and/or saved.

This worksheet is used to log in the references and amount of invoices being
received from vendor X, then it's printed and one copy stays with the
invoices we received and another is given to the vendor as a "receipt" for
him to turn in when picking up the "check". What I need is for each "receipt"
to have a different number (can't repeat itself) --- but I need for both
copies to have the same number --- thus this would run in order to increase
the reference number after printing a worksheet twice.

In addition, I also need to be able to keep a log of each reference number
assigned, and some information from each "receipt".

Is there anyway that I'd be able to set this up.

Please let me know!

Thank you!