Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
thomas donino thomas donino is offline

Default retrieving cell reference data

I am trying to total Z30 for example once data starts getting entered into
row30. For example once the user starts enter data into the cells in row 30 ,
Z30 begins to update the running total of all data entered in row 30

"Joel" wrote:

If you are writing a SUB then

ActiveCell

If you want to create a UDF (User Define function) like you would use on a
worksheet then You will pas the cell(s) that you are using in the function

=MySum(A1:b10_

function MySum(target as range)
MySum = 0
for each cell in target
MySum = MySum + cell.value
next cell

end function

"thomas donino" wrote:

I am new to this so pardon my ignorance. I am trying to write a short macro
but first I need to obtain the row and column info of the cell that is
currently selected. How do I do so?