Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
smartin smartin is offline

Default Date in the workbook name

A & S wrote:
On Aug 1, 6:00 pm, smartin wrote:
A & S wrote:
Hi
I am trying to input the date into the title of the my workbook. I
know that you can not have a / in the title of a workbook but you can
have a - so I could put the date in as 8-2-2009 for instance. So I am
wondering is anyone knows how to get a date value from a cell that
would look like 8/2/2009 and then take that date and put it in as the
title of a workbook, but have it formatted such that it would look
like 8-2-2009.
Also is there a way to just add a day to a date, so that I could name
the next workbook 8-3-2009.
Thanks

In general you can format the date in a cell like this
Format(Range("A1"), "m-d-yyyy")

or this
Format(Range("A1") + 1, "m-d-yyyy")

Everytime that I try to use this expression it gives me the error
"Expected ="

Thanks

Sorry, my wording there was terrible. I should have said,

In general, you can format a date from a cell as a string in VBA like
this...

Then you can use that formatted string to save your worksheet. The Code
Cage Team has you covered.