Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default column of a input box selected range

Range("b2").Value = WorksheetFunction.SumIf( _
Sheets(UserForm1.ID_sheet_name_1).Columns(1), _
Sheets("compare").Range("a2").value, _
Sheets(UserForm1.ID_sheet_name_1).Columns(2))

Use ranges for the first and third parm.

(I added the .value because I don't like to depend on the default
properties--but your code doesn't need it.)

untested, uncompiled. I just modified your code.

Dennis Chou wrote:

actually,

how would i reference that in a worksheet function?

This does not appear to work

Range("b2").Value = WorksheetFunction.SumIf( _
Sheets(UserForm1.ID_sheet_name_1).Columns(1).Addre ss, _
Sheets("compare").Range("a2"), _
Sheets(UserForm1.ID_sheet_name_1).Columns(2).Addre ss)

"OssieMac" wrote in message
Hi Dennis,

Is the following example what you want?

Dim colNumber As Long

colNumber = 8

Columns(colNumber).Select

OssieMac

"Dennis Chou" wrote:

I have an inputbox which captures a user selected range.

From this range, i am able to get the column number via range.column

is there a easy way to reference this column in vba?

currently, i'm using range(cell(1,column#),cell(65000,column#)) which
seems
like a complicated way to select the column

i'm hoping there's something like column(column#).select

--

Dave Peterson