Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Referencing cell content and formatting

Not with a formula. It only brings over the value, not formats. You could
put in a conditional format in that cell so that if it equals G then format
color is Blue.

"Beans" wrote in message
Hi, in one work sheet I have a value say G in cell A1, with the cell
pattern coloured blue. On a second sheet I want to reference A1 again in
say
cell B22. I do this with = Sheet1!A1. The value G comes over but the
background colour does not.

Any way to have the second sheet cell B22 inherit the formatting of the
first sheet cell (A1)

Thanks