Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fritz Hilgemann Fritz Hilgemann is offline

Default Closing, Saving question

Uuh, I just got it, although it is a little weired:
appExl.DisplayAlerts = false;

Thanks anyway!
Fritz

"Fritz Hilgemann" wrote in message
Yes, but appearently it does not prevent the messagebox. In the code line
wb.Close(true,"d:\\Excelsheet.xls",false); (see orig. message)
the first parameter is named "SaveChanges".

Fritz

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in
message ...
In VBA, you can use

WB.Close SaveChanges:= True

Is there something in c# that's similar?

"Fritz Hilgemann" wrote:

Hello,

I really hope I am right here. I am programming an excel client in c#,
and I
try to start excel with an empty workbook and then save it with a given
filepath.
Empty workbook seems ok:
object missing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;

appExcel.Visible = true;

wb = (Workbook)appExcel.Workbooks.Add(missing);

However, when I try to Close(...) or SaveAs(...), excel allways comes up
with the messagebox if I want to override the existing file.

Example:

wb.Close(true,"d:\\Excelsheet.xls",false);

appExcel.Workbooks.Close();

appExcel.Quit();

My question: How can I prevent excel from displaying the messagebox, and
save the file in any case ?

Weired, in the case above, if I answer the messagebox with "no", I get
an
exception on the wb.Close() call.

Thank you for any hints

Fritz