Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default restrict users to input atleast five characters

You could use this Exit event code for the TextBox (assumed to be named
TextBox1 for this example)...

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
If Len(TextBox1.Text) 0 And Len(TextBox1) < 5 Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox "Your entry must be at least 5 characters long."

As written, the code allows the user to exit the TextBox if there is no
entry in it (that is what the 0 test provides for).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"sam" wrote in message
how do we restrict user to input minimun characters in a text box on
userform.

for eg. I want to make zip code field such that users need to input atlest
5
characters, and not anything less then that.

thanks in advance