Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default selection of cell at the intersection of column B and the row of whatever cell is active

Just so you can see there are usually more than one way to accomplish a goal
with code, here is another approach...

Sub SelectColumnB()
Intersect(Columns("B"), ActiveCell.EntireRow).Select

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"A & S" wrote in message
On Jul 29, 1:31 pm, Lars-Åke Aspelin
wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:24:03 -0700 (PDT), "A & S"

wrote:
Hi

I have been messing around for several hours to try and figure out how
to do this but can never get quite what I want. I need to be able to
run the macro and have it select a cell by using the row of the
current active cell and column B. say for instance cell D5 is active,
I would want the macro to select cell B5, if F15 were active then I
would want it to select B15.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank

Try this macro

Sub select_B()
ActiveSheet.Cells(ActiveCell.Row, "B").Select
End Sub

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

thanks that worked just like I wanted, I knew it had to be something
fairly simple