Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default IF statement inserting new rows

See if this helps.

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Resize(3, 1).EntireRow.Insert
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

"PVANS" wrote in message
Good afternoon everyone

Hope someone can help me with this.

I have a worksheet that is filled rows of information about transactions.
The column A in the worksheet is the date the transaction occured.

I would like to have a macro that notices when there is a change in date,
and then inserts 3 rows below the final transction on the one date, and
the
new transctions of the next date.

I know how to insert a single row using a macro:
Selection.Insert Shift:=x1Down

But I can't seem to figure out how to write the IF statement to compare
the
dates in Column A and insert 3 lines instead of just one.

Would really appreciate the help

Regards,
PVANS