Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default VBA code relative to current date

I fixed the row problem and the comma. the order can be changed to any order
you want. I gave just an example. Put in as many columns of data that you
want to move and the source and desttination column as required.

I don't know what column the dat is located so I can't help with filtering
the date automatically.

Sub DataMove()

Set SrcSht = Sheets("Sheet1")
Set DestSht = Sheets("Sheet2")

NewRow = 1
RowCount = 1

With SrcSht
Do While .Range("B" & RowCount) < ""
Keyword = .Range("B" & RowCount)
If Keyword = "wood" Or _
Keyword = "stone" Or _
Keywood = "tile" Then

DestSht.Cells(NewRow, "H").Value = .Cells(RowCount, "A")
DestSht.Cells(NewRow, "J").Value = .Cells(RowCount, "B")
DestSht.Cells(NewRow, "K").Value = .Cells(RowCount, "C")
DestSht.Cells(NewRow, "G").Value = .Cells(RowCount, "D")
NewRow = NewRow + 1
End If
RowCount = RowCount + 1
Loop
End With
End Sub

"Jbm" wrote:

Joel,
Thanks for spending time helping me on this, it's much appreciated. I'm
running into a few issues with your code though. Minorly, in case you try to
test the code, note that there's an extra comma on New Row = New Row + 1.
Onto the real troubles I'm having though. First, the code doesn't seem to
want to grab the correct rows of Keywords with the "if Keyword" strings. For
some reason the old "if c.Value Like" grabbed the right ones, but not these,
so maybe we should use the old code on that? Another less pressing problem
is that the new code is mixing up what order the data is in. I think I
should have been more clear in the original description: columns A-E have
data in them, A holds the date, B holds the name with the words we're
searching for, and C-E have numerical data. The new code however is placing
the data into columns in the order DA Blank BC, and E doesn't even show up.
More important than these issues however is that the new code does pull
specific dates, but not the ones we need. I used your code on a worksheet
that goes up to 7/23/09, but the data pulled only consisted of dates 7/01/09
to 7/03/09. For that sheet, for example, I am trying to get data only from
7/22/09.

I guess I didn't realize how difficult this might be, and apologies if I
wasn't clear at the start -- if you need more clarification to help, please
just ask, any way I can help you, helps me. Thanks for the help again,
though.