Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HighlandRoss HighlandRoss is offline

Default Enter formula in a message box

Hi

Grateful for anyones help although I'm not sure this is possible!?

I have a number of projects each maintaining their own financial information
on their own workbooks (each uses the same identical template)

I want to create a workbook to summarise information from the (5) projects
financial WBs. Or at least I want to copy a snapshot of each workbook into
one summary workbook every fortnight.

So for instance on my summary sheet columns A1:C50 are Project 1, D1:F50 are
project 2 etc.
Rather than manually copying and pasting or creating links to cells each
time I receive the projects workbooks I wondered if there is an easier
automated way of doing this?!

Because each project WB will have the information in identical cells albeit
in different workbooks, I wondered if I enter the generic cell reference in
the summary sheet and have a message box to enter the workbook name to add to
that formula!?

God I hope that makes sense, bit complicated to explain!! Thanks in
anticipation