Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AltaEgo AltaEgo is offline

Default Assign a range-name from B2 to {end of data}

This should help you find your last cell
http://www.beyondtechnology.com/geeks012.shtml

How to select B2 to end for ActiveSheet.

Range("B2:" & LastCell(ActiveSheet).Address).Select

If you wish to name the range selected:

Sub NameSelection()
Const myRangeName = "Test"
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=myRangeName, RefersTo:=Selection

Steve

"Jimbo213" wrote in message

I've searched all of the discussion sub-groups and can't find a solution
for
this.
I want to Assign a range-name from B2 to {end of data} so I can perform a
for-each-cell next-cell loop.

My spreadsheet is exported from another application that I have no control
over [isn't that always the case !!]

Each export has contiguous [no spaces] data in up to 1000 rows and up to
15
columns. Each run is quite different. Some data cells [B2:end] may be
blank.
Even the last cell in the bottom-right corner may be blank.

GoTo Special Current Region seens to catch all the data but also
includes column A and row 1 ...

For example with data in A1 to E10 I want to name the range B2:E10
NOTE: Not from A1 because I don't want the range to include Row 1 or
Column A

Also, FYI, after the last data there are 4 blank lines and then several
summary rows in [for example: A15 to A20] CTRL + SHIFT + END catches
them.

How do I range-name the SELECTION from B2 to the end-of-data [E10 in
above]
so this code works to cycle through all the data cells.

Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In SELECTION
If Not IsEmpty(Cell) Then
' code for each cell here