Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HUGO HUGO is offline

Default VBA for Month and Quarters Output

I'm now trying to lock only the cells beneath the columns with quarterly
dates as their headers. How would I go about making it so the columns that
fit this criteria are locked, and the ones that don't are unlocked?

Thanks!
--
Hugo

"Hugo" wrote:

Hi,

I am new to writing in VBA, but I would like to write a function, where the
inputs are a start date and an end date (month&year), and the output is a
range in a single row of an indefinite number of columns (to be determined by
how muhc time is between the starting date and the ending date). I would
like the output to be in the form of showing the month and year, and at the
end of every fiscal quarter showing the quarter and year. For example the
output would look like the following, where a comma shows where a break
between cells in a row occurs:

"Jan-2009, Feb-2009, Mar-2009, Q1-2009, Apr-2009,..."

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I assume I will have to write this
as a function not a subroutine, but would appreciate hearing suggestions.

Thanks!
--
Hugo