Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Vertical Scroll bar w/ picture background

I assumed that you used Insert|Picture. If you did, then maybe you could use
Format|Sheet|Background.

If you did use format|Sheet|background, then my original response wasn't correct
for that situation.

I'd try resetting the last used cell on that sheet.

Visit Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused
For a couple of techniques of resetting that last used cell.

dgold82 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Dave. That's really strange...can you think of any
workaround for my situation? It's not a deal breaker for my workbook
neccesarily, but I was thinking that it could confuse some of my users.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't think so.

Excel uses what it considers the usedrange to determine how that "elevator" on
the scrollbar is shown. And pictures count in the usedrange.

dgold82 wrote:

I placed a picture in the background of one of my worksheets and now the
vertical scroll bar fills the whole scroll area (hope I am making sense). Is
there a way to force the vertical bar to scroll according to the cells on the
page and not the picture object? I want it to scroll from a1:a67.

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson

--