Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Mark is offline

Default Close w/o saving changes

Thanks, John, but that didn't work either.
Mark

"john" wrote:

mark try adding this line:

ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
--
jb

"Mark" wrote:

Thanks, Stefi. That does work, except that after you answer the message box,
the same message box appears again. I'd like to be able to do away with the
message box appearing a second time.
Mark

"Stefi" wrote:

Try this:

If MsgBox("Do you want to save changes to this workbook?", vbYesNo, _
Title:="Save LPM Workbook") = vbYes Then
ActiveWorkbook.Close Savechanges:=True
Else
ActiveWorkbook.Close Savechanges:=False

Stefi

€žMark€ ezt Γ*rta:

Hi,
Im trying to run a procedure from a workbook (ThisWorkbook), as follows:
Run "Personal.xls!EndIt", Cancel
End Sub

The code in Personal.xls (standard module) is:

Sub EndIt(Cancel As Boolean)
On Error GoTo Err_EndIt
Set fso = Nothing
Set shSeason = Nothing
If MsgBox("Do you want to save changes to this workbook?", vbYesNo,
Title:="Save LPM Workbook") = vbYes Then
ActiveWorkbook.Save
End If
Application.CommandBars("Ply").Enabled = True
Application.Caption = Empty
Exit_EndIt:
Exit Sub
Err_EndIt:
Call LogError(Err.Number, Err.Description, "EndIt(Cancel As Boolean)")
Resume Exit_EndIt
End Sub

I want to save the active workbook, if the User selects €œYes€, or not save
it, if the User selects €œNo€.
The save and close on €œYes€ works correctly, but the close on €œNo€ sends up
a MSO message box asking me if I want to save changes. How do I suppress the
MSO message box? Thanks.
Mark