Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AG[_9_] AG[_9_] is offline

Default Hide Ribbon In XLS Workbook When Using Excel 2007

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
In the ribbon XML, set the StartFromScratch value in the Ribbon setting to
True.

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"

<ribbon startFromScratch="false"

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"AG" wrote in message
I am familiar with the ribbon, custom ribbon, callbacks, etc. from working
with the ribbon in Access 2007, but am not that familiar with Excel.

When opening an xls (Excel 2003) workbook using Excel 2007, is there a
way to either hide the ribbon completely or load my own custom ribbon? If
so, how?

Also how can I disable some of the Office Button functions, like I can in
Access?

Thanks for any assisstance.
--

AG
Email: npATadhdataDOTcom

Thanks for the reply Bob.
I am familiar with startfromscratch and creating ribbon xml.

What I am not familiar with is how to load a custom ribbon in Excel.
--

AG
Email: npATadhdataDOTcom