Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
andreas andreas is offline

Default Msgbox when a cell with a specific text entry is selected.

On 23 Jul., 16:41, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:
Right click the tab at the bottom of the worksheet you want this functionality on, select View Code from the popup menu that appears, then copy/paste the following into the code window that appeared...

* If Not Target.Find("Report", LookIn:=xlValues, _
* * * * * * * MatchCase:=False) Is Nothing Then
* * MsgBox "Deleting the text entry ""REPORT"" results in ...."
* End If
End Sub

Now fix the message in the MsgBox statement to say what you want. That's it... go back to your worksheet and try to select a cell with only the word "Report" in it (in any letter casing) and the MessageBox should appear.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"andreas" wrote in ...
Dear Experts:

I would like to have a macro code which will bring up a message box
when the cell containing the word "REPORT" is either ...

- activated/selected
- or about to be deleted (the user selects the entire column/row for
deletion or the cell in question *(and possible adjacent cells) to
clear them).

The msgbox is to say: "Deleting the text entry "REPORT" results
in ...."

Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Andreas- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Hi Rick,

exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much for your terrific help.
Regards, Andreas