Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Copying and Pasting Macro from one worksheet to another

FWIW, when you used this line

Set NextRow = Sheet1.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

It used Sheet1 of the workbook with the code.

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Please help, we have created the following code that should copy a entire row
from the active worksheet, open an existing workbook and paste the copied
data into the next available row. However it is currently pasting it into
the next available row of the original workbook. Below you will find my
current code: Am I doing somthing stupid!!! Much appreciated.

Sub CopyLast()

Sheets("Summary").Range("A2").EntireRow.Copy

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Workbooks.Open "C:\Documents and
Settings\david.cope\Desktop\CHR\Calcs.xls", UpdateLinks:=1

Windows("Calcs.xls").Activate

With Worksheets("Sheet1")

Dim NextRow As Range

Set NextRow = Sheet1.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

NextRow.PasteSpecial (xlValues)

Application.CutCopyMode = False

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End With