Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JBRC Chorus JBRC Chorus is offline

Default Recovered file has "File format is not valid" error

I am using Excel 2007 SP1 (12.0.6504.5001)
I have had a few problems with Excel crashing when I am editing vba code. I
am saving in Excel 2003 compatible format.
Up to now I have been able to use the "Version created during recovery" when
this happens.
But now the problem is more frequent (crash every 5-10 mins) and I have the
error "File Format is not valid" when I try to open the recoverd version.
This version also has a red comment "Repaired" under it.
Can anyone help me make crashes less frequent and get round the invalid
format problem?
Thanks
John