Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Wiley[_2_] Mark Wiley[_2_] is offline

Default how do i get the Genetic Algorithm in Excel Solver?

Alimaliyu,

The solver that is included in Excel does not have a genetic algorithm
(only a generalized reduced gradient search). However, a Global solver
is availible in What'sBest if you have the Global option. You can
select WB!|Options|Global Solver and check the box for Global Solver
to use it. As an alternative, a lot of blending models can be
linearized. There may be a way to reformulate the model in a linear
fashion.

Regards,
Mark Wiley
LINDO Systems

On Jul 26, 6:53*am, Alimaliyu
wrote:
I need to use the Genetic algorithm feature in Solver to globally solve a
non-linear blending problem. I have used What's Best to obtain a local
optimum which is not satisfactory. I need help.
Regards
Alimaliyu