Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default 'Save As' Macro Debug Error

Try the following. If not what you want then feel free to get back to me.

With Sheets("Invoice2")
Dim invName As String
Sheets("Invoice2").Select
invName = Range("L4").Value & ".xls"
Sheets("Invoice2").Copy
ChDir "C:\Users\Justin\Documents\Razza Jam"

'Will ignore the error
On Error Resume Next
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=invName
On Error GoTo 0

'Will close without another alert message
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End With

OssieMac

"polar" wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Thank you for having me on this forum.

Thanks to the help of some Excel users, I was able to get some code to
save an existing worksheet to a new workbook. However, when a
duplication file name exists it prompts me to save as and if I click
'No' I get a debug error message. I'd still like the 'save as' message
to come up but is there a way I can get eliminate the debug error
message if 'No' is clicked? This is so it just works normally when
saving as a different file name or clicking no when an invoice is
accidentally duplicated.

Please see below code:

Code:
--------------------

With Sheets("Invoice2")
Dim invName As String
Sheets("Invoice2").Select
invName = Range("L4").Value & ".xls"
Sheets("Invoice2").Copy
ChDir "C:\Users\Justin\Documents\Razza Jam"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=invName
ActiveWorkbook.Close
End With

Any help would be greatly appreciated.