Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
via sarpi via sarpi is offline

Default nested IF without repeating the condition?

hi everyone
is there a nice elegant way to avoid repeating the same test condition when nesting multiple IF?

I mean, my condition is a long formula which must be equal to something. 4 different results are possible. So 3 nested IF. At the moment I write again my long formula to be tested in each IF.
If there is a way to use "OR" instead, I could avoid it
example:
IF(condition=1;true;(if(condition=2;true;(if(condi tion=3;true;....
and so on

is there a way to bring "condition" outside???
thanks a lot in advance