mommyo

It didn't make a difference.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

O.K.then...

Select one of the cells. In the formula bar, click on the very beginning of
the text, before the first character. Insert a single apostrophy ' . The
first character should be the apostrophy. Then touch enter. What happens??
--
Gary''s Student

"mommyo" wrote:

Still the same thing. I can see the text in the format bar but in the cell
it's still #.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Take an un-used cell and first format it as text and make sure that all of
the cells to the right of the un-used are empty.

Then copy the problem cell into the un-used cell. What happens?
--
Gary''s Student

"mommyo" wrote:

The text does show up in the formula bar.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

If you select the cell, does the text show up in the formula bar?
--
Gary''s Student

"mommyo" wrote:

I entered text in a cell that is formatted for text and wrap. When I hit
enter it shows as pound signs. I've tried making the cell wider and taller
but that didn't help. I used the format brush to copy the format down from
the cell above...still doesn't work.