Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PVANS PVANS is offline

Default Date as filename

To Sam and Jacob,

It works beautifully. Thank you so much

You guys really have been such a great help. Thank you!

Regards,

PVANS

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

With the date in cell A1; try

strFile = Format(Range("A1"),"dd-mm-yyyy")

Then use this variable to SaveAs..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"PVANS" wrote:

Hi there,

I am trying to include a a date that is referenced in a cell in my workbooks
filename. The macro crashes each time because it says it cannot include" / "
in the filename.

I have tried to change the format of the cell, the macro still takes the
date as 22/07/09.

Please can someone suggest how i can take the date listed in the cell,
remove the "/" and include it in the filename?

Thanks for all the help that this forum has provided already, I really
appreciate it.

Regards,
PVANS