Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default Referencing Inactive Workbook Cells

set rng = WORKBOOKS("version2").Worksheets("MasterDMA").Rang e("E6")
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Range("H6").Value & Range("H7") & rng.Value

"PVANS" wrote in message
Good morning all

Hope someone can provide some help here. I have created a macro that takes
specific worksheet from the workbook and saves it as its own workbook
(code
shown below) referencing 2 cells in the worksheet as the filename.

Sub Savefile()

'opening workbook

ActiveSheet.Copy ' Copies active sheet to a new workbook
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Range("H6").Value & Range("H7")

End Sub

However, as part of the filename, I would also like to include a cell from
different worksheet in the original workbook (location shown below)

workbook name: version2.xls
worksheet: MasterDMA
cell: E6

Please could someone provide advise on how to reference that cell as well
within the filename.

Thanks so much

Regards,
PVANS