Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
smartin smartin is offline

Default Export a module to .bas file - No Password

How so? Are you thinking plain text is somehow less subject to
IP/copyright protection? I am no legal expert here, but I do not think
so. IOW, if you claim copyright on your original work, that shall prevail.

Excel_Newb wrote:
I was more curious than anything....but wouldn't plain text be an issue in an
Intellectual Property scenario?

"smartin" wrote:

Excel_Newb wrote:
If I export a module (from personal.xlsb) to a .bas file, and then import the
file into another users personal.xlsb, the module doesn't ask for a password
to view the code. On my personal.xlsb it prompts for the password. How do I
password protect this code?

If you look at a bas file you will see there's nothing particularly
special about it, it's just plain text. I take from this there is no way
to make the bas file aware it should be protected in any way.

Why not save the module in its own workbook as an add-in? This will lock
out prying eyes to a reasonable (but not infallible) degree.