Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Missing:ATPVBAEN.XLA

Most of the Analysis ToolPak functions were incorporated into XL2007, but
not all. See Step 5 in this link...

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"John P" wrote in message
Jacob you are right. When I open a new workbook, the DateAdd function
could
work. Yes, mine was an 2003 workbook resaved as 2007 macro-enabled file.
Does
it mean, there is no longer any need to load the add ins as they have been
integrated into Excel 2007? Thanks

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

--ATP functions are integrated in Excel 2007, and not an addin any
longer.
Have you opened a workbook which was saved in 2003..

--If you open excel application with the default workbook and try the
same
in VBEImmediate window (i mean without opening any workbooks)...are you
getting the same message...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"John P" wrote:

Thanks Jacob. I have been testing this DateAdd function in the
immediate
window using various date formats with inverted commas, but each time a
dialog box will inform me of missing atpvbaen.xla

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

DateAdd is a VBA function and not a function within ATP. Check out
help on
DATEADD()

DateAdd(interval, number, date)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"John P" wrote:

Hi. I have been trying to use the Dateadd function but a dialog box
pops up
saying can't find project or library and missing ATPVBAEN.XLA

Following instructions from some of the forums, I clicked the
Microsoft
Office button and went to the add-ins and loaded in the Analysis
Toolpak and
Analysis Toolpak-VBA (atpvbaen.xlam). But the problem still
persists.

In my VBE, the Tools/References dialog still shows missing
ATPVBAEN.XLA. In
searching for this file, I found these 4 files in
Office12/library/analysis:
Analy32 (blue square), atpvbaen (red square), funcres (red square)
and procdb
(red square). Can anyone advise me what's wrong? Thank you for your
advice.