Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Missing:ATPVBAEN.XLA

I don't know what is causing your problem (and, of course, you should
continue to look to solve it), but I *think* you might be able to bypass the
immediate problem by specifying the library to have the DateAdd function
reference, namely, VBA. See if this executes (in the Immediate window)
without error on your system...

? VBA.DateAdd("m", 24, Date)

If it works, remember, this doesn't solve whatever the underlying problem
is... it just sidesteps it.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"John P" wrote in message
Thanks Jacob. I have been testing this DateAdd function in the immediate
window using various date formats with inverted commas, but each time a
dialog box will inform me of missing atpvbaen.xla

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

DateAdd is a VBA function and not a function within ATP. Check out help
on
DATEADD()

DateAdd(interval, number, date)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"John P" wrote:

Hi. I have been trying to use the Dateadd function but a dialog box
pops up
saying can't find project or library and missing ATPVBAEN.XLA

Following instructions from some of the forums, I clicked the Microsoft
Office button and went to the add-ins and loaded in the Analysis
Toolpak and
Analysis Toolpak-VBA (atpvbaen.xlam). But the problem still persists.

In my VBE, the Tools/References dialog still shows missing
ATPVBAEN.XLA. In
searching for this file, I found these 4 files in
Office12/library/analysis:
Analy32 (blue square), atpvbaen (red square), funcres (red square) and
procdb
(red square). Can anyone advise me what's wrong? Thank you for your
advice.