Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rcl2884 rcl2884 is offline

Default Turn Off automatic parsing of data in Excel

I use Excel 2003

If I open up excel and then paste in a column of text, it gets pasted
in literally as text.

I then use the "Text to Column" feature to parse the data. All this
is fine.

However, the next time I paste in a column of text, Excel will
automatically parse the data as I paste it in. Does anyone know how to
turn this off? It seems to be an attribute the is preserved for the
current excel session. If I close out of excel and reopen it, then the
automatic parsing is not enabled. I want to be able to turn of the
automatic parsing within an excel session.

Thanks!