Michael

Default VLOOKUP Returns #REF

Hi Folks - I am comfortable using the VLOOKUP function. Here's my problem:

I have a 15 row column of TEXT in SHEET1 that looks like:

TimeSlot
2-3:30
3-4:30
3-4
etc.

The text represents timeslots. So, I added another column and manually
entered the minutes for each timeslot.

TimeSlot Minutes
2-3:30 90
3-4:30 90
3-4 60
etc.

On SHEET2, I have 10,000 rows of class and timeslot information:

Session TimeSlot
Class1 2-3:30
Class2 3-4:30

etc.

I need to lookup the minutes for each session, so, in SHEET2, I used the
vlookup function to look at the timeslot in the TimeSlot column, then lookup
the slot in SHEET2, to return the minutes in the second column.

I get a #REF error. Quick question .. Can Vlookup 'lookup' text? Any ideas?
Thanks.

Michael