Bob Phillips

Generally, you can create UDFs that can be saved as add-ins or in
Personal.xls workbooks. If the latter, they have to be prefixed with the
workbook when using in another workbook.

But I am confused, if you want a MEAN that foes the same as AVERAGE, isn't
that AVERAGE <vbg

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Peter R Knight" <Peter R wrote in message
hi,
how do I create new functions in Excell? a simple example is I'd like a
MEAN() function that does the same as the AVERAGE() function. I'd like it
available to all work book (i.e. save it with Excell, not a particular
workbook).

many thanks

Pete